- 30-minute experience
- 8-10 minutes scenic flight
- See Fox Glacier from the sky
- Soar toward the west face of Aoraki/Mount Cook
- Glacier snow landing
Fox Glacier to Mount Cook Scenic Flight - 30 minutesDiscover Mount Cook and Fox Glacier from the air - two of New Zealand's most breathtaking landmarks!
Why do we love this
We love the insane scenery you get to see on this trip. Birdseye views of Fox Glacier AND Mount Cook is really something special!
What to Expect
Departing the Fox township, this flight takes you past the wonders of Fox Glacier and beyond!
Settle in for the scenic flight of a lifetime! Soar from Fox Glacier to Mount Cook and the Glacier Valley and enjoy stunning views of snowy peaks and icy caps.
You'll fly the entire length of the Fox Glacier where you'll enjoy incredible views of this 13-kilometre-long beauty. Then, soar at eye level against the west face of Aoraki/Mount Cook. There's time for a glacier snow landing too!
Hopping back in the aircraft, it's time to descend the Glacier Valley. Leave the majestic mountains behind as you zoom back to the Fox Glacier base.
Check-in closes 30 mins before departure. Please ensure you are at the Fox township Helicopter Base on time.
Please note: your flight is subject to favourable weather conditions; if cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. We recommend booking your flights early in your trip with flexibility for weather changes. Flights are not confirmed until the Glacier Helicopter Base has confirmed they have availability and weather conditions are suitable.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Warm clothing.
- Sturdy covered shoes (snow on your toes is not nice!)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Your phone/camera
For safety reasons, we do not allow selfie sticks, drones, flammable liquids, lighters, iPads/ tablets and bags of any description on any of our flights.
- All flights are subject to minimum passenger numbers
- Children must be accompanied by a fare-paying Adult
- All flights operate subject to suitable weather conditions
- Glacier Helicopters reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and flight routes or arrange alternative helicopter services
Please note that the bookings are processed manually. Please chat to us before making the booking OR you can book with us but please note your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
- Should inclement weather prevent a flight at the booked location, prepaid vouchers will be accepted at any Glacier Helicopter bases for a flight of similar duration and price
- Customers wanting to make changes to dates or time of departure are required to contact the relevant operating base by 9.00am on the day of departure
- No refund will be given for no-shows or changes made less than 24 hours prior to departure
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely