- Six hour tour visiting Arrowtown, Wanaka, the Wanaka Tree, and Cardrona Hotel
- Knowledgable local guide
- Multiple stops for photos
- Free time at Wanaka’s gorgeous lakefront and historic Arrowtown
- Cadrona Ale or non-alcoholic ginger beer at the Cardrona Hotel
- Hotel pick up
Arrowtown And Wanaka Day Tour
Visit charming small towns and beautiful lakefront views!
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
Visit historic Arrowtown, stunning Wanaka, and the world-famous Cardrona Hotel with a knowledgeable guide. The amazing landscape and scenery will be the highlight of your time in Queenstown!
Your day begins with a tour up the Crown Range, New Zealand's highest sealed road. The Crown Range is usually covered in snow in winter and boasts some incredible viewing platforms. The tour offers time to step out and take grab a photo (or five) of the impressive scenery.
The Cardrona Hotel was built in 1863 to service gold prospectors who needed food and accommodation. Now, it's one of New Zealand's oldest and most well-known pubs! Pop in and explore its history! The tour will also shout you a beer or soft drink to enjoy in the beer garden or by the fire!
The Wanaka Tree:
Take a short walk down to New Zealand's most photographed tree "The Wanaka Tree" and learn about its interesting history! The tour will show you how to take a photo of this insanely large tree, and even help with your selfies!
Wanaka was historically used by Maori as a pathway to greenstone sites and later by gold miners for accommodation close to Cardrona. Today, Wanaka is a lifestyle reserve as it's rich in family adventures, eco-tours, recreational trails, and nearby ski fields. It's surrounded by huge mountains and massive glaciers! The tour will lead you to the Reflection Tree, which grows within the lake. Then you will have one hour of free time to wander Wanaka. Have a look around the shops, sit and have an icecream by the lake, or go for a walk along the lake path! The choice is yours. The tour recommends grabbing food at a nearby cafe for lunch with a view.
Your day ends in historic Arrowtown, a site first swarmed by European gold prospectors in the 1860s, then by 5,000 Chinese who were invited to try their luck among the leftovers! You'll have time to take a walk among the tiny restored cottages of their settlement. Make sure to wander down the main street for small-town charm rooted in history.
When you book this tour please choose a pick-up location closest to your accommodation. Pick-ups start at 10.40 am.
Arrowtown And Wanaka Day Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
- This tour is not available for children under 5 years old.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you are staying at the Hilton, Ramada, Wyndum/Airbnb's, and private houses your pick up will be the Station Building (10.40 am).
- The tour requires a minimum number of guests to run this tour. Please confirm by contacting us that the tour is operating 24 hours before departure time via phone or email.
- When you book this tour please choose a pick-up location closest to your accommodation, picks ups from 10.40 am. If you are staying at an AirBnB or private accommodation pick up will be The Station Building or the corner of Camp and Shotover St Queenstown.
- The Hilton, all Frankton hotels, Air BnBs & Private Houses will be The Station Building
- The Station Building (Central Queenstown pick up point