- Get up to $90 cash back per person when you book with us
- Suitable for intermediate to expert level skiers
- Departing Queenstown or Wanaka
- Fully-qualified, certified guide
- Guide-to-guest ratio of 1:4-5
- Alpine buffet lunch
- Avalanche transceiver and transceiver use training
- Transport to/from accommodation
- Video service, available upon request
Heli Ski Classic - 7 Runs, 1 DayEnjoy a day full of snow action as you explore the mountains surrounding Queenstown and Wanaka. Suitable for skiers of intermediate to expert ability.
Additional runs available for $110 on day. Available subject to conditions and agreement by a minimum of 3 clients per group.
Why do we love this
We love that you get to experience 7 ski runs on this trip. It's a fast-paced day jam-packed with action which we love.
What to Expect
Are you of intermediate to expert skiing ability? Then this is the tour for you!
The mountains surrounding world-renowned resort towns of Queenstown and Wanaka are packed with incredible terrain and dramatic scenery, perfect for a day in the snow. Spend the day coasting down 7 thrilling runs which vary between 1500-2500 feet. You'll experience treeless skiing in sheltered basins, bowls and wide rolling mountain flanks. If avalanche conditions permit and your group is of higher ability, there's also the opportunity to head to steeper terrain with chutes and glaciers!
This is a fast-paced day that's suitable for advanced skiers and boarders or for intermediate riders with a good level of fitness. After seven runs on some of NZ's best powder you'll be begging for more, so if you're feeling keen confident, there's the option to upgrade to more runs!
Early in the morning, the Heli-Ski team will check the weather, and contact you to confirm your trip is on. They'll also set a pickup time to collect you from your Queenstown or Wanaka accommodation.
From there, drive to the staging area, where you’re introduced to your pilot, guide and fellow heli-skiers.
Listen to a safety briefing that covers avalanche transceivers, helicopter and mountain safety. Then, it's time to fly off on the day’s first heli-ski run! Enjoy a helicopter ride up to the peak of the slopes, with stunning views guaranteed.
After some action, you'll meet your group for an alpine buffet lunch and some downtime.
Later, it’s back to the slopes for the ultimate ski experience. More heli-ski runs!
At the end of the day, the team will drive you from the staging area back to your accommodation. Enjoy a well-deserved rest or head out for an après ski evening in Queenstown or Wanaka.
Allow a full day for this tour. Reservations must be reconfirmed by 6.00pm the day prior to flying. Early morning the weather is checked regarding daily operation. If weather conditions preclude flying you can reschedule to the next day. It is wise to book well in advance especially during peak season.
Frequently Asked Questions
Book well in advance for your preferred heli-ski date. However, we also recommend that you contact us as soon as you arrive in the area, to allow flexibility in case of bad weather on your chosen date. For example, if you’re booked for a trip on Saturday, but you arrive in Wanaka on Wednesday, let us know if you’re also available to ski Friday and Sunday. The more options we have, the better we’re able to find you the best ski conditions! Remember, reservations must be confirmed no later than 6pm on the day prior to your trip.
Run length varies depending on the terrain and snow conditions, from 600 vertical metres to as much as 1300 vertical metres of skiing. On average, run length ranges from 800-1000 vertical metres.
You will need to bring your own ski/board or your hire equipment.
You will need to have warm clothing and safety equipment – a windproof jacket and pants, warm gloves, snow-quality sunglasses or goggles, a helmet and sunscreen.
The day is spectacular, so don’t forget to bring a camera to capture your heli-ski adventure!
Lunch is provided, but keep in mind that you’ll be doing several hours of high-energy activity before the break. Consider packing some water and snacks to keep you going.
Wide-body powder skis or all-mountain skis are the preferred choice for your heli-ski trip. You don’t have to own your own powder skis – talk to us and we can recommend a variety of hire equipment retailers. This style of ski allows you to handle a wide range of snow conditions, faster, easier and with more stability. All of our guides use these and they’re wonderful for those wanting to go longer and harder in more advanced terrain.
- Reservations must be reconfirmed by 6.00pm the day prior to flying.
- Early morning the weather is checked regarding daily operation. If weather conditions preclude flying you can reschedule to the next day.
- It is wise to book well in advance especially during peak season.
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
- A full refund is guaranteed if your cancellation is received at least 24 hours before your trip.
- Failure to give 24 hours notice will result in full payment being taken.
- We require a 48 hours notice prior to departure for charter cancellations.
- A full refund will be given if adverse weather conditions prevent flying.
- If some heli-ski runs have been completed, but fewer than the number of runs books, you will be refunded at $100 per run not skied. Refunds are not given if runs are not completed due to the lack of ability or fitness.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely