- Transport from Queenstown
- 2 hour cruise around Milford Sound
- Newly refurbished ship
- Onboard bar and restaurant
- Wonderful views of Milford Sound
- Chance to spot dolphins, seals & penguins
- Milford Sound Levy
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Milford Sound is a popular attraction for travellers from around New Zealand and all over the world. The beautiful fiord offers all sorts of breathtaking scenery and natural wildlife. On this Milford Sound cruise and coach tour, you will get to see all of that plus more.
Once at Milford Sound, it's time to board your boat. The ship is a spacious vessel that has all the amenities you'll need to be comfortable on your journey, including a rooftop viewing deck, comfortable seating (with a view) and an on-site restaurant and bar. As you sail around the sound, be sure to look out for dolphins, seals, and penguins that may show their heads. You will cruise for 2 hours before returning to shore.
Once back at the cruise terminal, your driver will welcome you back onto your coach. If ending your journey in Queenstown, your drive back will take about 5 hours. If ending in Te Anau, your drive will take about 3 hours.
Milford Sound Coach and Cruise from Queenstown
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
How long does it take to get to Milford Sound?
Driving to Milford Sound from Queenstown will take around 5 hours. Te Anau to Milford Sound is a 2 and ½ hours drive. We have added a little extra time to allow for photo stops and short walks. Make sure you fill up your tank at Te Anau as there are no petrol stations in the national park.
Will we stop to take photos on the way?
Yes! And now with the added bonus of a glass roof coach, you can see the wonders of Fiordland National Park from the comfort of your seat.
Can I purchase food on-board the cruise?
You sure can. The restaurant takes cash only, so please grab your cash in Te Anau before you get into Fiordland National Park. There is a great new menu on board with food from some of amazing Queenstown eateries including The Empanada Kitchen. The restaurant also serves salads, Fish and Chips, Chia pots, Vegetable Curry and more.
Will the driver wait for us or do we get a different bus home?
You will return on the same bus you arrived on. You may be allowed to leave items on the bus but always check with the driver.
What should I bring?
Non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/sunglasses, insect repellent, camera and cash for onboard food & drink purchases.
- The supplier (and associated companies) reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment and alter ticket prices at any time.
- All travellers accept responsibility for all personal items taken on any experience and are personally liable for these items at all times. The supplier is not responsible for the loss/damage to personal items taken on this experience at any time.
- All travellers accept that the supplier is not responsible for any injury incurred during this experience as a result of carrying personal items on their person. All travellers do so at their own risk.
- The sighting of wildlife is not a guarantee and lack of wildlife sightings is not considered reason for refund.
- Transfers: Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) up to 24 hours prior to departure with no transfer fee incurred.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior to trip departure. Trips are non-refundable after this point.
- We reserve the right to cancel trips or substitute another river or section of river for safety reasons.