- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Discover Waiheke Island, a stunning haven of scenic vineyards, olive groves, and white sand beaches!
- Known as New Zealand’s “Island of Wine”, Waiheke is home to a dedicated group of award-winning winegrowers who produce amazing wines with distinct varietal character
- Avoid the crowds and discover some of Waiheke's off the beaten path vineyards, as you marvel at the rugged and beautiful landscape found at the Eastern End of Waiheke
- Enjoy tastings at three boutique vineyards, as well as a microbrewery, and a delicious platter lunch
- Escape the hustle and bustle as you relax on this leisurely-paced tour with a small group of likeminded adults
Artisan Wine Tour On Waiheke IslandDiscover some of Waiheke's off the beaten track vineyards.
- Ferry ride to/from Waiheke Island from Aukland
What to Expect
Discover Waiheke Island’s Eastern End on this tour! You'll get to experience a stunning haven of scenic vineyards, olive groves, and white sand beaches, all just a short ferry ride from downtown Auckland. Known as New Zealand’s “Island of Wine”, Waiheke is a world-renowned wine region that produces a wide variety of critically-acclaimed artisan wines. On this tour, you'll get to enjoy tastings at three different boutique vineyards, as well as a microbrewery, and a delicious platter lunch.
This tour goes off the beaten path to ensure a unique and tranquil experience away from the hustle and bustle. This tour group is small, and activities are leisurely paced, so you can slow down and savour the experience as you sample world-renowned wines amid a pristine landscape. Although only 40 minutes from Auckland, you’ll feel like you’re a world away as you relax in this island paradise.
No need to hurry home! If you would like more time on the island, the staff would be happy to arrange a dinner booking (an additional cost) at a venue of your choice. You may also request to be dropped off in Oneroa Village to visit the shops and art galleries amid stunning Northern sea views. Filled with a wide variety of art exhibitions, Waiheke features much of New Zealand’s most notable artwork. Waiheke is home to painters, potters, and glassmakers who are inspired by the island’s natural beauty.
For your convenience, enjoy complimentary pickup and drop-off at any local accommodation. All vehicles are owned by the operator and are modern, clean, and well-maintained. With over 20 years in business, the operator is the most experienced tour company on the island and enjoys close relationships with all the featured vineyards, to ensure you get the best experience. As a locally owned and operated family business, this tour goes the extra mile to offer flexibility and professionalism.
Getting there: For this afternoon Artisan Tour, please catch the 12pm Fullers sailing from Downtown Auckland. Time table subject to change. Your ferry to Waiheke will depart from Pier 2 at the downtown ferry terminal, located at 99 Quay Street. You do not need to book this ferry ahead of time, but make sure you turn up at least 20 minutes prior to departure time. The ferry to Waiheke takes 35-45 minutes. When the ferry arrives at Matiatia (the Waiheke Wharf) a driver with the tour will meet you with a sign welcoming you. Lunch is usually around 2 pm, so please ensure you have an adequate breakfast.
11:40: Arrive at The Downtown Ferry Terminal located at 99 Quay St. Here you can purchase your ferry tickets from the Fullers ticket office.
12:00: Depart Auckland on Fullers sailing to Waiheke Island.
12:45: Arrive at Matiatia. You will be greeted on the wharf by the tour and commence with a drive along the scenic northern route, taking in spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula.
13:00: Visit Tantalus Estate for a craft beer or wine tasting. This newly renovated winery within the vines offers diverse experiences of wine tastings or enjoy a paddle of their handcrafted ales.
14:15: Platter lunch at Passage Rock. This is a relaxed venue at the eastern end of Waiheke. Their platter includes sashimi-grade trevally kokoda, sticky pork ribs, mozzarella arancini, roast beetroot hummus with goat feta and prosciutto and pear bruschetta. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available.
15:15: Pick up from lunch venue.
15:30: Wine tasting at Poderi Crisci Vineyard which is located in Awaawaroa Bay. This Italian-influenced destination vineyard/restaurant lies in a natural amphitheatre valley surrounded by Italian olive trees and gardens.
16:30: Wine tasting at the cellar door of Awaroa Vineyard. Awaroa is a small organic vineyard and winery run by six partners, all with a shared common interest in making the best possible wine, with all viticulture and harvesting done by hand.
18:00: Depart Waiheke on Fullers sailing back to Auckland.
Frequently Asked Questions
The tour will depart at 12:00p.m. at Fullers Ferry from Auckland and return at 6:45 p.m.
No more than 10 guests per group are permitted.
This tour is not suitable for guests travelling with children under the age of 10.
- The tour requires a minimum of two guests to run.
- No more than 10 guests per group are permitted.
- Please note that group tours are not suitable for guests travelling with children under the age of 10.
- The price of tickets includes tasting charges and platter-style lunch, but not your ferry tickets.
- Itineraries may change according to seasonal vineyard availability.
- Water is available at each of the venues. Please bring a reusable/refillable water bottle to help us with our goal to reduce plastic waste on our beautiful Island.
- Full payment is required if cancellation occurs within 48hrs of tour time. Tours cancelled before 48 hours will incur a $25 admin fee.
- If the ferries are cancelled due to extreme weather, or we are unable to operate due to unforeseen circumstances we will offer a full refund.
- Tour requires a minimum of two people to run. If you have booked for a single person, and no others book for that day, we will call you to discuss other options for that day or provide you with a refund.
- Full refund will be issued if cancellation is required due to COVID 19 Government enforced restrictions.
Reviews for Artisan Wine Tour On Waiheke Island
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely