- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day boutique winery tour on Waiheke Island
- Enjoy wine tasting at 4 different scenic venues
- Transport onboard an air-conditioned bus, with a friendly & informative local guide
- Departs from the meeting point at Matiatia Ferry Terminal, Waiheke Island
Waiheke Boutique Vineyard TourSpend the day exploring the incredible, scenic wineries of Waiheke Island, with this full day vineyard tour.
- Return ferry crossing from Auckland to Waiheke Island
What to Expect
Waiheke is an island of wine, so what better way to explore than with a full-day boutique winery tour.
This red-wine dominant region is best known for Merlot and Syrah; however also produces some incredible white varietals, including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Gris. There are around 30 stunning and award-winning wineries to discover.
Your day starts with a 10:40 am pick-up from the Matiatia Ferry Terminal on Waiheke Island. If you're staying in Auckland, you'll need to catch the 10:00 am ferry (not included) to Waiheke Island, to arrive in time. If you're on Waiheke already, you'll be advised of the closest pick-up point to your accommodation.
Then, the first stop for the day is Cable Bay Vineyard or Goldie Estate for a wine tasting. Cable Bay Vineyard has sprawling hills and exceptional views across the water, with wine handcrafted from the vines on Waiheke as well as grapes harvested from Marlborough. Meanwhile, Goldie Estate is Waiheke's oldest vineyard (established in 1978) and has 30 acres of native bush and rolling vines overlooking Putiki Bay.
Enjoy a lunch stop (own expense) at Batch Winery, a beautiful vineyard at the very top of Waiheke with incredible views, food, wine and ambience.
The final stop for the day is the highlight for many – Mudbrick Vineyard. The cellar door tastings take you through several varietals, with staff sharing information about each of them as you sip. While here, take in the magnificent views of most of Auckland City.
You'll then be dropped back at the ferry terminal for the 4:00 pm sailing (not included), or you can be dropped back in Oneroa to check out all the bars and shops before making your own way back to Auckland when you're ready. The ferries continue to depart regularly well into the evening.
Where we Visit:
- Waiheke Island
- Cable Bay Vineyard or Goldie Estate
- Batch Winery
- Kennedy Point Vineyard or Te Motu Vineyard
- Mudbrick Vineyard
Frequently Asked Questions
None of the tours includes the ferry trip from Auckland. You can book a ferry online or on the day from the ticket counter. However, it doesn't guarantee a seat. You must queue for the ferry and hope you are early enough to get the ferry you want. You should arrive at least 30 minutes before your preferred ferry departure time.
- The minimum number of passengers required for this tour to operate is 6 people
- The minimum age is 18 years, and all guests must ensure they have a photo ID such as a passport or New Zealand driver’s license with them during the tour
- The vineyards are family orientated, and suitable behaviour and attire is required
- No drinking alcohol or smoking on board
- Guests will be liable for any mess created on the bus
- Group tours: Must be paid in full at the time of the hire, and if any of your guests drop out the Operator will only refund 50% of their individual booking cost a week out from the tour. If this is within 3 days of the hire, The Operator will not refund the hire, and you have the opportunity to replace that person
- Matiatia Wharf
Reviews for Waiheke Boutique Vineyard Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely