- 2 Crew
- Meals: 6 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 4 Dinner
- Accommodation (camping or two person room)
WHERE WE VISIT
- Greater Addo Elephant National Park
- Tsitsikamma National Park
- The Garden Route
- Route 62
- The Cape Whale Coast
- Stony Point Nature Reserve
The Garden Route South Africa Tour - 7 Days 6 NightsExplore the famous Garden Route, meet elephants at Greater Addo Elephant National Park and discover the Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn!
- Items of a personal nature (snacks, alcohol, bottled water, soft drinks, souvenirs, tips)
- Entrance fees (associated with optional activities)
- Activity packages and optional activities
- Sleeping bag
What to Expect
This 7-day tour highlights South Africa's southernmost coastal areas and national parks. There are tons of activities available to you, including the highest bungee jump in the world at Bloukraans Bridge, hiking in the Tsitsikamma National Park, Cango Caving and an ostrich farm visit in Oudtshoorn. And don't forget wine tasting near Stellenbosch! We'll also throw in some spectacular scenery for exceptional photographic opportunities and you'll be guaranteed to meet some interesting locals en-route.
In the afternoon, we visit the Addo, famed for the elephants after which the park was named. A recent expansion has seen Addo grow to become the third largest of South Africa’s National Parks. The unique vegetation of Addo supports a wide variety of wildlife and we will spend the afternoon in search of the animals that call the park home.
Travelling through the valley of the Klein Karoo, we follow the winding tarmac of Route 62 today.
Road trips in South Africa are an exploration of the rural highlights that dot the lesser-known byways of the land. And no journey would be complete without sampling the offerings of a “Padstal” along the way. These small farm stalls offer a selection of homemade treats and bakes and are an important cog in the economies of rural towns.
One of the more quirky highlights today is Ronnie’s Sex Shop, not a sex shop at all, but a rather interesting country pub!
Next we stop at the largest breeding colony of the African Penguin, Stony Point Nature Reserve before travelling along the coast to a wine farm in the Stellenbosch region to sample some chocolates and wine.
Your tour comes to an end upon arrival in the city centre of Cape Town.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please be sure to arrive 1 day before your tour is due to depart. This will avoid any unforeseen problems.
Meals listed on the itinerary are included. Vegetarians can be catered for and we do our best to offer a varied menu. Our guides can produce miracles on a camp-stove but please remember that they are cooking for the whole group on two gas burners. Special dietary requirements can be catered for, but only by special request. In East Africa it is more difficult to cater to certain requirements.
On our camping tours you will be staying in two-man dome tents. We supply a mattress and you supply your own sleeping bag.
The accommodated tours stay in traditional huts, permanent tented camps and hotel rooms, the majority of these are ensuite.
- Nomad will accept a maximum of two children between the ages of 13 to 15 years on any tour without requesting permission from agents or clients. If more children want to join a tour once the maximum has been reached, this will be allowed on a request basis.
- Children between the ages of 8 – 12 years will be accepted to travel with Nomad on a request basis only.
- No children under 8 years of age may travel on Nomad’s scheduled tours.
- Passengers can bring one bag (backpack or soft bag, and not a suitcase) that weighs not more than 20 kilograms, and a daypack.
- Should a client cancel a booking 60 days or less prior to the date of departure of the tour for any reason (except due to death or hospitalization), the client shall be liable to pay a cancellation penalty. The cancellation penalty is calculated by having regard to the nature of the booking, length of notice of cancellation and reasonable potential to find alternative customers.
- More than 60 Days: No fee applies (unless Gorilla Permit has been booked – which is non-refundable)
- 30 - 60 Days: 50% of the tour price is held as a cancellation
- 10 - 29 Days: 75% of the tour price is held as a cancellation
- 0 - 09 Days: 90% of the tour price is held as a cancellation
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely