- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 1 hr waterbike hire to explore Mandjar Bay as you like
- Departs from the meeting point at 73 Mandurah Terrace, in front of the Visitor Centre
WHAT TO EXPECT
A waterbike is the most exhilarating way to explore Mandjar Bay, the stunning canals and meet the famous dolphins. Cruise alongside the curious bottle-nose dolphins and see amazing waterbirds, some who've migrated thousands of kilometres to visit Mandurah.
Easier than riding a bike, they are steady and stable, so you won't even get wet as you glide along.
This 1 hr hire allows you a taste of life on the water and to explore Mandurah's diverse waterways from a whole new angle. Take in Mandjar Bay, Mandurah's canals, world-class Marina, estuary channel and wetlands. Hopefully, you'll have accompanying escorts in the form of the playful dolphins, who love to play alongside the Waterbikes.
Because the eco-friendly Waterbikes are whisper quiet, with no motors or paddles, you won't scare away birdlife or dolphins.
Where we visit:
- Mandjar Bay
- Mandurah's canals
- The Marina
- The estuary channel
- The wetlands
Mandurah Waterbike Hire –1 Hour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Family (2 adults + 2 children):
Will I see dolphins?
There’s a good chance you’ll see some of the beautiful bottlenose dolphins, but it can't be guaranteed as they’re wild animals.
I can't swim, can I still use a waterbike?
You need to be able to tread water for 30 minutes in order to use a Waterbike. The Operator can provide you with a lifejacket to wear in case you fall in. However, the Waterbikes are very stable, so chances are that only your feet will get wet as you hop on and off the bike.
How fast can I race the waterbikes?
You can reach speeds of around 15 kilometres an hour, and really get your heart racing.
And if you’re cruising along at a steady pace, you’ll likely cover about 5km in an hour, which gives you ample opportunity to see Mandjar Bay, do a loop of the canals and see dolphins too.
Where will I go, and what will I see?
It’s up to you where you ride. You will need to steer well clear of boats, and rocks at the side – apart from that it’s your call! The Operator will provide a route map, and in one hour you can take in the unique canals, whose homes opening onto the water give Mandurah that unique coastal feel. Cycle up to the historic Halls Cottage, Mandurah’s oldest building, and then head back, admiring the architecturally designed War Memorial and park, one of the loveliest bay-side places.
Head across the bay into the gorgeous Marina, with its array of traditional fishing boats, luxury yachts, and quirky houseboats, unique to Mandurah. In the Venetian Canals, you’ll find perfectly sheltered waters and luxury homes fringing the waterways, where you can wave to the friendly residents.
Complete a loop then head back into the bay, past the friendly pelicans at Stingray Point, and under the historic Moreton Bay Fig Tree – beautiful when viewed from a bike. Hopefully, along the way, you’ll have some dolphin escorts, who are completely wild and unafraid of the bikes. Just remember, please don’t try and feed them – it’s illegal!
What do I need to bring? Can I bring a camera?
Just bring your friends and the bare essentials and be ready for a fantastic time. A hat, suncream, sunglasses and a water bottle (there is water for sale). A life jacket will be provided and you can leave any precious belongings in our secure nearby office.
- Children need to be at least 7 years old or 120cm tall to ride the waterbikes. The minimum age to travel without an adult is 15 years
- You are required to check in at the office at 73 Mandurah Terrace with a valid photo ID that will be scanned as part of your hire agreement. Then you should make your way to the waterbike departure location 20 minutes prior to your selected time for induction or it will deduct from your hire time
- It is a condition of hire that all persons are competent swimmers
- The maximum weight limit is 120kg
- You must pay for any damage or losses caused to the Waterbike during the hire period
- You may request a cancellation of the booking or rental of the Waterbike by giving written notice to the Operator no less than 7 days (168 hours) prior to the booking date. Failure to provide such notice will result in forfeiting any booking fee
- All cancellations will incur a $10 admin fee which will be deducted from the refund
- At the Operator's sole discretion, you may request a rescheduling of the booking or rental of the Waterbike by giving written notice no less than 3 days (72 hours) prior to the booking date. The booking will then be transferred to another date within a 3-months-period. A refund of the booking fee is not possible
- Failure to provide such notice will result in forfeiting any booking fee to the Company
Read full supplier's terms & conditions