- Learn the art of Edo Kiriko, Japanese glass carving
- Select your favorite design from over ten samples to carve along the side and bottom
- Take home a souvenir you made yourself
- Location is very close to Asakusa Station
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience the essence of Japanese craftwork at its very best with Edo Kiriko, a ancient Japanese practice of glass carving and cutting. Select your favourite design from over ten beautiful patterns to carve along the sides or bottom of your own glass, which you can then take home as a souvenir.
Edo Kiriko is a traditional Japanese art form in which detailed patterns are carved onto the surface of the glass. It is believed that Kiriko glass cutting dates back to 1834 in the Edo period, and continues to thrive in present-day Tokyo. In 1985, Edo Kiriko glasswork was recognized as one of Tokyo's traditional craftworks and, in 2002, was recognized as the official traditional handicraft of Japan.
This traditional workshop allows you to try the practice for yourself with the help of an experienced artist who will guide you. Choose the design of your choice that you can then recreate yourself. Take home your finished glass so you never forget this incredible cultural experience in Asakusa. Your handmade souvenir can also be carefully boxed for taking home (please note we accept delivery for a fee).
It doesn't even matter if you have no artistic experience! From first-time visitors to adults with children, this program is tailored to suit every level. Whether you are familiar with Kiriko glass cutting or not, enjoy an authentic Edo Kiriko experience, and create a lifetime of memories you will cherish forever in Japan.
- Carving explanation, demonstration, and practice (20 minutes)
- Select from ten patterns, and carve along the bottom of the glass (30 minutes)
- Select from ten patterns, and carve along the side of the glass (30 minutes)
- Photograph the final product (10 minutes)
Edo Kiriko Cutting Glass Experience in Tokyo
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Adult（aged 18 and over）:
Child（aged 17 and under）:
Where does this tour depart from?
- Meeting point: Glass Factory Sokichi / 2-1-14, Kaminarimon, Taitou-ku, Tokyo Japan
- From Ginza Line Asakusa Station, exit at the 4th exit and you'll pass two shops; a restaurant (Gonpachi) and a liquor store (Asakusa Yomo), after which you will arrive at your destination.
- From Asakusa Line Asakusa Station, exit at the 3rd exit, pass the narrow street side of Kaminari-mon Post Office, and turn right at a Chinese restaurant (Hong Kong Tei), turn left, and walk 300m.
- 5 minutes on foot from Sensoji Temple, Kaminari-mon
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions