Discover the best of Akaroa with this overnight package full of wildlife, scenery and adventure!
24 Hour Pohatu Package - Farmstay Highlights
- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Overnight package to discover Akaroa's incredible scenery, unique wildlife & more
- 1-night stay in a private sleeping unit in the middle of a working sheep farm & penguin colony
- Evening tour of the colony for the opportunity to see Australasian Little Penguins in the wild (if in season)
- Heavily discounted sea kayaking safari around Pohatu Bay (save up to $55 per person!)
- Enjoy a scenic drive discovering the spectacular clifftops of Akaroa Head Scenic Reserve
- Explore the Tutakakahikura Scenic Reserve & part of the renowned Banks Track on an optional hike
- Linen provided, along with communal bathrooms & kitchen with full cooking facilities
- Fully qualified guides providing commentary on the area & its wildlife inhabitants
- Departs from the meeting point at 2/8 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about 24 Hour Pohatu Package - Farmstay
- Food for 24-48 hours depending on package selection
- Warm clothing for the evening
- If kayaking, clothes you don’t mind getting wet. Water shoes are not necessary
- Hiking boots/shoes or athletic shoes for the bush walk
When living in an island nation like New Zealand, the weather is hard to predict and can quickly change; sunny one minute then pouring with rain the next and this even in the middle of summer. Offering outdoor activities, we may sometimes get rained on. We do not cancel our tours due to rainy days; it is just part of experiencing this wild country.
In saying that, all of our best wildlife viewing is usually when it's raining, especially on our Evening penguin tours.
Just remember to always bring a raincoat to New Zealand, just in case. We all hope for a beautiful sunny day but rain or shine our guides will give you an authentic New Zealand experience. In consideration of the above, no refund can be expected in the event of rain. A 10% service charge applies to all other cancellation refunds.
The best time for penguin viewing is the breeding season between end of August to December. You can see moulting adults in January and February, but starting the end of February through early April we do NOT have penguins. There are also some windows of excellent viewing opportunities from mid-April to September when the birds return periodically from the sea.
Reviews for 24 Hour Pohatu Package - Farmstay
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.