- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- A wild jet ski ride through world famous Wanaka scenery
- 1 hr of serenity on New Zealand’s most beautiful lake
- A guided tour using the latest jet skis on the market
- Life jackets, operating instructions and storage for small items are provided
- Wetsuits can be booked (weather dependant)
- Departs from the meeting point at Lakeland Wanaka beachfront trailer - The Wanaka Wharf 100 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
What to Expect
Join in on this ultimate lake adventure, combining the rush of jet skiing with Lake Wanaka’s natural scenery! This adrenaline-packed water adventure in one of the world's most picturesque destinations combines the best of both worlds, so if you're looking for a memorable experience - this ticks all the boxes!
Whether you like to seek your thrills alone, or to go on adventures with your partner, family or group of friends, this is the perfect way to discover the stunning bays, hidden islands and alpine scenery of Lake Wanaka. Feel the freedom of riding your own jet ski, or buddy up as a passenger, it’s entirely up to you.
Check out the famous Wanaka Tree from a completely different perspective, cruise past the popular Ruby Island, and discover your favourite parts of Lake Wanaka - so make sure to bring your camera for some gorgeous snaps of the sights along the way.
For anyone concerned about their jet skiing experience levels - no licences are required and no matter your experience, the tour is set up for your enjoyment, ensuring you get the most out of your adventure on the water.
Bring some sunnies, clothing that can get wet, and you're set! Remember to dress suitably for the weather though - think windbreaker or waterproof jacket for cooler days - and when in doubt, pack extra layers!
Fun, scenery, freedom and adrenaline – all on offer with amazing guides to show you the way. Come along for the ride, on one of the most entertaining and unforgettable moments of your holiday!
Where we Visit:
- Lake Wanaka
- Wanaka Tree
- Ruby Island
Frequently Asked Questions
What to wear depends on the weather and what you would like to get out of the trip. If it’s hot and you want to swim during the trip, wear your swimwear, but if it’s not quite as hot as that, then we have wetsuits to hire as well. You can also opt to just pop on a light wind proof layer, too.
If it’s cool, then there is a good chance we will have the lake to ourselves but you will want to dress a little warmer. A merino or thermal layer topped with a good wind proof layer would be suitable.
Heavy clothing such as denim is never appropriate on a jet ski.
Shoes are likely to get wet any time of year so bring a spare pair, or go barefoot.
On our trip, there are many fantastic photo opportunities, so yes, you are welcome to bring a small camera or phone. Please note, however, these are at your own risk. There is a secure hatch in front of you on the ski for such things.
No, unfortunately, there is limited space on the ski, so it is best if you can leave extra bags in your car or accommodation. If you come by foot and need it for later though, we have a small amount of space in our office to store your backpack or handbag.
The operation of our jet ski tours takes your experience into consideration when we assess the weather, so please make sure to give us your correct contact information. Severely cold or strong winds may prevent operation regardless of your skill.
You are in control of your own ski during the tour so you can keep yourself dry if you wish, or splash around if you prefer - the choice is yours.
No, for your safety we always have one of our crew head out with you, but since our rules are all common sense, you will only love the value our guides add to your trip on the lake.
No, you do not require a special licence or experience. However, we do require all drivers to be 18 years or older unless accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. All drivers will be given a safety briefing plus instruction on how to operate a jet ski.
Yes, as long as you are 15 or older and your parent is capable and willing to take over if required or requested by the supervising guide.
The jetski can take up to 2 people. The price is the same
- All tours are subject to minimum numbers. the Operator reserves the right to cancel or postpone tours at its sole discretion. Refunds will be provided
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years and the recommended age for children to ride as passengers is 8 years and above
- The maximum combined weight for the jet skis is 230kg
- Customers need to fully understand English and be able to follow all instructions given by guides & staff
- This tour is not suitable for people with medical conditions which may be aggravated by this activity
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel your booking if your health, level of fitness or conduct at any time is risking your or anyone else's health or safety
- The Operator reserves the right to change/cancel activities in the event of extreme/unsafe conditions
- Guests should note that this is an adventure boat tour, and as such, contains a degree of inherent risk and potential hazards such as seasickness, exposure to elements, injury or, in extreme cases death or disability. Participation is at the guests’ own risk in terms of personal safety and the safety of any possessions taken on the tour
- If damage is caused to any jet ski or any third party property during your operation of any jet ski you will be required to pay the insurance excess of $1,000
- Within 24 hours of departure - Nil refund
- No show - Nil refund
- All tours are subject to river/water/weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances at any stage. Clients are given the option to rebook or receive a full refund
- Cancellations due to COVID-19 - Refunds are granted solely at the discretion of The Operator
- Wanaka Waterfront (beside main wharf)
Reviews for 1 Hour Jet Ski Tour Lake Wanaka
Get Instant Confirmation