- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A wild jet boat ride across Lake Wanaka and down the Clutha River
- 1 hour of pure adrenaline on New Zealand’s swiftest river
- Six 360 degree spins, including the famous Hamilton spin
- The services of a knowledgable local guide
- Life jackets and storage for small items will be provided
- Departs from the meeting point at Lakeland Wanaka beachfront trailer - The Wanaka Wharf 100 Ardmore Street, Wanaka
Lake Wanaka Jet BoatExperience the speed & action of with this iconic jet boat ride against the backdrop of New Zealand's stunning landscapes
What to Expect
This is the ultimate iconic New Zealand adventure activity! Come along on a thrilling jet boat ride through New Zealand's waterways and experience a unique combination of beauty and speed.
Merging pristine landscape and nature with world-renowned jet boat speed and action, you will race across scenic Lake Wanaka and down New Zealand's largest river on this action-packed 1 hr Jet boat ride.
The Clutha River is famous for its scenery, gold-rush history, and swift turquoise waters. Get ready to travel at high speed, navigating through shallow water, over giant pressure waves, speeding past overhanging trees and taking 360-degree spins - because what jet boat ride wouldn’t be complete without the iconic Hamilton Spin!?
Remember to pack your camera, as photo opportunities to take some not-to-be-missed snaps of this unique landscape will be ample - all while getting the low-down on New Zealand lands and history from your knowledgeable local guide.
Sunnies to help you cope with those glorious days on the lake are recommended year round, but make sure you dress for the weather - when in doubt, don't be shy to bring the extra layers!
This is an adventure suitable for most, so raise your thrill levels and come experience the iconic NZ Jet boat right in the heart of beautiful Wanaka.
Where we Visit:
- Lake Wanaka
- Clutha River
Frequently Asked Questions
Dress for the weather on the day, taking into account a significant wind chill factor. In winter the more wind protection the better and gloves are great, while in summer a wind proof layer never goes amiss, especially on the trips before lunch. Remember to mind your hat though, as it may blow away.
Yes, you are welcome to bring a small camera or phone. You need a secure place to put this while we are at speed as your hands will be busy holding on. Your jacket pocket is best, as this will be easy to access when we stop at the photo opportunities, while staying protected from any stray splashes. Please note that we travel at high speeds, and any valuables you bring along are at risk of getting damaged.
No. Unfortunately, there is limited space on the boat and nowhere to secure loose items. It's best if you can leave extra bags in your car or accommodation. If you have come by foot and need your bag for later, however, we do have a small amount of space in our office to store your backpack or handbag.
No weather is bad weather and any day on the water is a good day, but if it is pouring with rain, we will do our best to rearrange your trip to miss the rain. We will get in touch with you if the weather is looking extra wet so please just make sure when you book you give us your correct contact information.
We make no promises you won’t, but our highly skilled drivers will do their best keep you from getting splashed, especially in winter. In summer though just let us know if you would like your wild ride a little more wet!
- All tours are subject to minimum numbers. The Operator reserves the right to cancel or postpone tours at its sole discretion. Refunds will be provided
- The minimum age is 4 years, and passengers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who are responsible for their safety at all times
- This tour is not suitable for people with medical conditions which may be aggravated by this activity
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel your booking if your health, level of fitness or conduct at any time is risking your or anyone else's health or safety
- The Operator reserves the right to change/cancel activities in the event of extreme/unsafe conditions
- Guests should note that this is an adventure boat tour, and as such, contains a degree of inherent risk and potential hazards such as seasickness, exposure to elements, injury or, in extreme cases death or disability. Participation is at the guests’ own risk in terms of personal safety and the safety of any possessions taken on the tour
- Within 24 hours of departure - Nil refund
- No show - Nil refund
- All tours are subject to river/water/weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances at any stage. Clients are given the option to rebook or receive a full refund
- Cancellations due to COVID-19 - Refunds are granted solely at the discretion of the Operator
- Wanaka Waterfront (beside main wharf)
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely